Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fauxberry Wreath

This is my "fauxberry" wreath, for the Flourishes Warm Winter Challenge to use Blue. This is attempt #2 at this challenge. I tried on the first attempt but feel like I didn't really strain the ol' noggin hard enough, so after some thought and playing around, I ended up making this wreath. This was a hard challenge, but I'm glad I didn't give up :)
I'm calling it a fauxberry wreath because it looks like a cranberry wreath would, but with blue berries on it! I cheated a little because my leaves aren't blue, but green, but I just couldn't paint them blue, they look so pretty being green :)



I used the Flourishes "Sweet Berry" stamp set, using the blueberry stamp. I stamped out, no less then 13 of these :) I colored them in with my Tombow markers, cut them out with my craft knife, and glazed them in lightly with Diamond Glaze. The Diamond Glaze stiffens the images so they won't bend or break when touched, because they are so fragile after I cut them. That's why I add Diamond Glaze to almost everything I cut out. I used the two largest Spellbinders Circle dies to cut out a circle for the berries to be attached on to. Then backed that one with a second circle to re-inforce the back.


I love how it turned out, and I think if I had used my red Tombows, that then they would really look like Cranberries! I think my next side project will be making another wreath painting them in red for cranberries! :)

9 comments:

  1. ACK... You cut 13 of these out... Are you serious, this is awesome! It is a fabulous wreath and such a beautiful job. I love it and the green leaves are perfect! Beautiful girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me..OH MY GOSH...amazing. Way to create..

    Thanks for joining us at Flourishes.. We have our release party tomorrow night on Splitcoaststampers in Flourishes Member Forums at 9 p.m. CT..I hope you will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word...what an incredible wreath! Your colouring is outstanding and the final result is well worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is gorgeous! I can't believe you cut out all of these images! I would love to see it as cranberries! Stunning creation! Thanks for playing and please join us tonight on SCS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What?????!!!!! Amazing! This should win a prize just... I don't know... just BECAUSE! I'd love to see it as cranberries, too, but - WOW - that sounds like a lot of detail work. I hope I don't miss it if you make a cranberry wreath. I'm just thrilled to see this, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amanda,

    It's Lisa. I've added your page to my favorites. It was so nice meeting at the boutique. I am so inspired by you. Your blog page is beautiful just like your cards. I don't see all my favorites on here though. I hope you will post them sometime in the future. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your cards.

    *Hugs*

    www.lmdstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one heck of a lot of fussy cutting girl! just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!