Friday, November 5, 2010

Thinking Of You Peony

I was on my Facebook page a couple mornings ago when I saw some sad, sad news. My LSS shop owner's niece has just been diagnosed with cancer. From what I am reading she has possibly stage 3 or 4 cancer. They find out more today. I am deeply saddened, I have met this wonderful sweetheart of a young woman, she is amazing and she is only a teenager.

I felt completely led to make her a card and send it to the LSS. I know this is a card that you have seen me make hundreds of times, and until I saw the FB post, I was actually going to go in a different direction with my card making, but I decided to make "B" a white card to represent Hope. 

I embossed my image in gold ink and clear embossing powder, to keep the image in line with the white/Hope that I wanted. I used my Clear Dollar Stamps "Peony" image, coloring it in with my Tombow markers. I double layered my leaves and petals, cutting them out with my craft knife. I used my Spellbinders Square Large Scallop, Fleur de Lis Pendant, and Scalloped Circles dies to help with layering and framing the image. The clear swirl transparency under the flower and the frosted scalloped circle frame are from Hambly Screen Prints.


I hope and pray that God will heal "B", she is kind and sweet and just too young, for this. I hope this card lifts her spirits. Keep her in your thoughts, please :)

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, the gold is just perfect. fabulous card. I am sure she will appreciate it and truly love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will love this.. What a sweet thing for you to do.. I have that stamp and it never looked this good.. Gorgeousness all the way around..

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!