Monday, December 13, 2010

My Christmas Cards

I finally finished my Christmas cards - whew! Chris picked the design, saying he loved the layout of my "Life Without Love" card. So I used the same layout, per Chris's request, and changed out a few details to make it more Christmasy looking :)


On two pieces of Cream CS, I stamped over them with Hero Arts "Italian Poetry" in "Peeled Paint" Distress Ink. I heat embossed them, then I embossed one with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. Then I used a Large Scalloped Spellbinder to cut out "windows" on it, then I stamped the Italian Poetry in Staz-On "Butter Cream" ink on clear acetate, attaching to the backside of the CS with the "windows". I used my EK Success "Dotted Lace" punch on some green CS, then I put popdots under the window CS and placed it over the first stamped CS base. I placed some glittery reindeer under the windows, for something to look at - LOL :) Then I added some lace, a Pendant and a Fancy Tag from Spellbinders. The hat pins are from Maya Road, and the flowers are from Prima. The sentiment is Stampin Up "Home For Christmas", stamped in Versafine "Sepia" ink.


The inside of the card has another sentiment from the SU "Home For Christmas" set, matted in the punched green CS, from the front of the card. The stamped brackets are from HOTP "Medallions & Corners" stamp set.


And you get to see our wonderful family on the inside, plus my poor excuse for handwriting - LOL :)

Next year, I'll start earlier, since these cards took me the better part of three weeks to make. They are simple to make but with all the details and the amount, I got bogged down quickly! :) My New Years Resolution is to start my Christmas cards in September :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful family Amanda. Your cards are beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my word! Gorgeous, with splendid detail! And you made how many of these? I don't think September would be early enough for me to start these cards. Whew! You are a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!