Sunday, December 26, 2010

UQT (You Cutie) Birthday

My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club is having a contest to challenge us to use our Die-Namics. I love Die-Namics, but I only own two: the Banner Die and the Open Scallop die. I really tried hard to come up with a card that was "different", but I just couldn't come up with anything. So I decided to sleep on it for a few days and think it over.
I woke up this morning with a slightly different view from today's inspiration: It's my Birthday, today, I'm the big 31 :) So I thought, what if I make my own birthday card? What would it look like? So I decided I would make something I would want to receive :)


I started with the idea of a pink Parisian theme, with the diecut news print all ruffled up (gotta love that!). Ballet Millie is Perfect for this card! She just brings a smile to my face every time I look at her :)
I used all MME "Lost & Found" papers that I cut out and around some of the glittered borders from them, and made a frame with it. I put some thin foam under it to pop it up off the paper so it looks like a "stage". I loved the look and enjoyed working with glitter so much that I used some RAK glitter on Millie's bow on her tail and her pretty ballet shoes. I Love, Love those cute details!
I double stamped and embossed her tutu and added rhinestones for some bling :)
I kept it simple on the inside, with just a remnant DP piece and Ballet Millie's stamp sentiment on it.

I kinda like the thought of writing on the DP, I have never done that before but I kinda like the idea :)


All in all, I love how this card turned out. I had the ruffled paper idea in my head, from the start, and just ran with it, not having any other clue about anything else or idea other then that.

I placed an order for some MFT dies last night and now I'm anxiously waiting for them to arrive in the mail so I can create some more things with them!! Two of them are the Rolled Flower dies, and I am Excited to see what they're like! :)
Too bad they didn't get here before the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club's challenge!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh so cute! Love how you did that frame and the bow on her tail is ADORABLE! Love all the details - oh, and Happy Birthday!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! I love the idea of making yourself a card! Why not?? lol!I turned 31 myself this year and could have used a homemade card:) You totally deserve to be a 'favorite find' this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hee hee This is so adorable... Oh what a darling little mouse, so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!