Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Warm Winter Wishes

I had high aspirations to make a "wonderful" card today, but I woke up with a massive headache and I had to pull back my card expectations and just see what happened :)
I received my "Christmas Postcard" stamp set in the mail from Flourishes and I have been wanting to join in on their Timeless Tuesday challenge : Doilies.



Now that's a challenge. I don't have any doilies in my scraproom, so I had to improvise and make my own with a Martha Stewart punch. And the bottom diecut is made from using the Lace die from Spellbinders. I kept it all simple, since the image has so much detail. I stamped it out twice and cut out a frame, painted it and put popdots on and added it over the other image. It's painted to look like an old sepia print with a few spots of color. I tried my hand at "antiquing" my paper, but I think I had too heavy of a hand at it, so I'm going to try it again and make it a little less intense.
I'm so excited about my new stamps, and hope to get back on my card groove :)

3 comments:

  1. This Victorian post card looks good, and I wouldn't change a thing about making it look older. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, this is STUNNING!!!!! Beautiful detailiing and design! Lovely creation! WOW GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really have an eye for color.. You rocked this set.. I had it out the other day and tried to do a sunset behind the church.. Need to work on it.. Thank you for your sweet comments and always visiting me. I am so going to try cutting this out.. WOW never thought of that..

    I am still weak but recovering.. Long process..:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!