Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Grown With Love

Hello and Good morning everyone! It's time for my favorite day of the week again - Flourishes Timeless Tuesday! :) 
This week Makiko is challenging us to use "Masking" on our cards!
I thought this would be the best challenge for me since I couldn't think of anything, at first, and I was right. I love a good challenge that gets me thinking :)




I used a couple of Flourishes sets for this card: "Seeds of Friendship" and "Apple of My Eye". I colored everything in with Tombows and Distress Inks. I stamped them out together, then cut out and popped up the banner and apple image, for some dimension, on popdots. The papers are Cosmo Cricket and K&Co, the mini calender is from MME, and the flowers are from Prima, with a resin flower in the middle from MM. The edges are from a EK Success pinch, called "Dotted Swiss". The pearls are from Zva and I added a touch of stitching and lace ages with Glimmer Mist, to finish off the card.

 I really wanted to go with bold colors, just to mix it up a bit. When I dug through my stash, I found some really great rusty red papers and I knew they would be perfect. Honestly, sometimes I have no plan when I make cards I just play until it feels right, but that doesn't work for every one :)  Don't get discouraged on this challenge, I ended up making 3 cards, just to "get it right". You can do it! :)

I can't wait to see what the rest of the Flourishes Design Team came up with, I'm sure all their great ideas are sure to inspire you too! I'll see you next week for my last card of the month for Flourishes :)

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Amanda!! I can almost taste those apples! You did a fantastic job on the challenge girlfriend!
    Fabulous detail and design as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amanda, you clever girl you...LOL...this is just fabulous! Love how you combined these two Sets! Your masking is PERFECT!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully coloured and crafted. I bought this set (seed packet) at Christmas but haven't used it yet. You've inspired me to something about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL card, Amanda! You rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! I love all the elements you used and how you crafted them together, lovely DP, just beautiful all the way around. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favorite sets! I love all the added details and the overall layout. gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!