Thursday, March 24, 2011

Praying For You

As you all know I love to make cards. I love the creating process and giving them away. Really, I generally I love everything about it, except for cards like today's card. 

My friend called and told me that someone we know in our church had miscarried. She asked if I would make a Sympathy card, for her. It's cards like these that I make with a heavy heart.



The sentiment I used is from Clear Dollar Stamps "Christian Sympathy" set is cut out with Spellbinders Labels 2. I sponged around the sentiment with "Tumbled Glass" & "Broken China" Distress Inks. I cutout blueberries, coloring them in with Tombows, from the Flourishes "Berry Sweet" set, placing them under the sentiment. The round decorative border stamp is from Inkadinkado, cut out with Spellbinders Circles and Scalloped Circles. The papers are from My Mind's Eye and K&CO. The ribbons are from my LSS (Local Scrapbooking Shop), the decorative edge is from the MFT "Faux Crochet Border" die, and the pearls are from Zva.


I'll be absolutely honest and say that I don't like making Sympathy cards. I feel pressure like they need to look perfect and have a great sentiment, to help connect with the grieving. But there aren't that many great Sympathy sentiments out there. I feel like every stamp sentiment I have seen is "cheesy", with the exception of this one. It's simple, to the point, and it's honestly what I am doing. I know what your going to say, it's not the look of the card that matters but the meaning behind giving it. I know and I agree. I don't mean to sound like it's all about me, it's not that. It's the fact that someone is going to receive this and hope that it gives a measure of comfort to them, but what if the sentiment just doesn't offer it? I always worry that the words are not comforting enough. Does anyone else think this way?

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, they will love it! You need to know that noncrafters are clueless as to the amount of work we put into our creations. This is absolutely beautiful and PERFECT for the family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!