Thursday, April 28, 2011

Rejoice

It's time for Creative_Sketches Thursday challenge! This week is the "Holiday" challenge, which is perfect! I know it's almost May, but I have been itching to do a Christmas card for the last month! So Yeay me! :)
This is the card idea I had rolling around for a while, and it turned out almost like I had imagined.


I used Flourishes "Rejoice" & "Alleluia Angel" sets colored in with Tombows and a couple SU markers. I used a Spellbinders Label Eight to cut out the center, and cut the angel out and popped both up on popdots. I added some glitter to the wings of the angel to make them look more angelic. The clear printed overlay is Hambly "Grandma's Wallpaper", My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Madison Avenue "Sisters" & Madison Ave "Girlfriends" papers. The bottom "trims" are from MFT "Open Scallop" & "Lace Doily" dies. The "Red" pearls are from KaiserCraft and the velvet ribbon was from my stash.


Although you can't tell by the way I took the picture, the inside red CS perfectly "frames" the front of my card on the outside and you can't see the cream part from the front.


I used Tombows : 761, 847, 947 & 098
Stampin Up : Old Olive & Always Artichoke

I love Christmas cards, but sometimes it's just hard to get in the mood for them until Christmas, which is often much too late to make them - LOL! If your anything like me, I put off making them until November! So it's challenges like CS has that helps me try harder to make them sooner :) Thank You Creative_Sketches!! :)

3 comments:

  1. This is just simply a GORGEOUS and STUNNING card! Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda this is gorgeous! I love the angel perched on the rejoice sentiment. Beautiful color throughout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my word! The Christmas card to end all Christmas cards! Incredible! There are no superlatives worthy. It is simply the BEST!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!