Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Brigette's Birthday Butterfly Topiary

Whew! Try saying that title five times fast! 
I know I haven't posted anything lately, but trust me, I was working behind the scenes cooking up a few nice things I will be showing you. I will be posting them soon.


I made a birthday center piece for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge: Set the Table. Use your Flourishes stamps to create a table scape or decor. You could win a $10 GC! More details are found on their blog: HERE.

Brigette is having a Butterfly Garden themed birthday, and I needed to come up with something fun.


I know there looks like there are a million pins in it, but there are only 20 on a 3 inch round Styrofoam ball. I used Flourishes "Fanciful Flourishes" stamp set stamped on vellum in Opalite "Winter Rust" and VersaMagic "Pixie Dust" inks, then heat embossed them in clear embossing powder. Then I cut it out with a Spellbinder's Shapeability "Butterfly" die. I hot glued some moss to a 3 inch Styrofoam ball and affixed an old sponge paint brush handle colored in with G99 Copic marker for the green topiary "stem" I needed. I used a glass spice jar as my container/pot. I used florist's pins I added Zots (glue dots) to place my butterflies on, then added pearls to the centers of the butterflies.


I really enjoyed making this project! I kinda wondered if it would look odd, but I'm so glad I tried it. This is going to be for my daughter Brigette's 2nd birthday. It's just going to be my husband, Rheanna (oldest daughter), Brigette and I there, but I think I'm going to see if I can try to make some fun place cards to match the topiary. She will be turning 2 next month, so I have some time to think about what I want to do :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! How wonderful your project is. I love topiaries and this would be beautiful on a large table. Beautiful project. Thanks for joining us at FTTC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Amanda, this is gorgeous. What a fun idea for a birthday, but then again you always come up with the neatest ideas :) !!! BTW...CONGRATS on being the *Limelight* Designer this month...I know you will rock the house :) ....hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!