Thursday, September 8, 2011

Creative Sketches Thursday

Good Morning all you Creative Sketches Fans!! Today we have yet another Creative Sketches challenge, and this is a great one! Today is a color challenge using:


Basic Gray
Cherry Cobbler
Peach Parfait


Even though these are challenges, they are not set in stone, just do the best you can! It's just to stretch you a little bit and discover colors you'd never thought of using, together. For my card, I couldn't find any peach, so I used a yellowy-orange and did the best I could :)




I used "Miss You A Latte" by My Favorite Things, colored in with Tombows, cut out and popped up on popdots. I sponged some "Old Paper" Distress Ink around the Spellbinders Oval diecut,with the matching Scalloped diecut under it in "Warm Steele" cardstock. I used an October Afternoon "Thrift Shop: Still in Box" paper with a co-ordinating cardstock as matting. I used some Cream MFT ribbon and pearls to finish it all off.

I really love the color combination and how it turned out. I wasn't sure about the gray, but I'm glad it is there, it kinda has a calming effect on the eye, after all the strong colors I used :)


I apologize on the grainy picture. I retook this photo so many times, that I think it's an internal camera problem or scratches on the camera lense. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!