Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ode To Julie :)

Splitcoast Stampers has a Featured Stamper, and this time it's none other then Julie Korber, from Flourishes!! SCS is asking us to pick a card from her Gallery and CAS it, as a fun challenge. I really, really had a hard time deciding on what card to CAS! She has some super talent, and some of her cards gave me some great inspiration :)
But I decided on this one:




I really love the shape, the colors and the use of stitching and punched borders :)
Since I am supposed to CAS it and not copy it exactly, I did keep many things the same, including the color scheme, but I decided not to use a ribbon and stitch on the edges.




I used Flourishes "Clematis & Butterflies" butterfly stamp, stamped in Memento "Desert Sand" ink and colored in with Tombows. I used: 243,451,373,990.
Then I added the Crackle Glaze, let it dry, cut it out and added B01 (Mint Blue) Copic color just to enhance the blues in the wings. I cut out a base from a Spellbinders Classic Circle die and layered that over a Spellbinders Scalloped Circle diecut. I stamped the butterfly image on the circle diecut too. I used Bazzil "Aloe Vera", "River Reed" and "Creamy White" CS and paper from K&Co. I used the Lace Doily diecut from MFT for my border edge, then I added silver pearls for some sparkle.


~ Splitcoast Stampers "Featured Friend" - Julie Korber

~ Flourishes Bring Back Beautiful "Beauty of a Technique Challenge" : Crackle Glaze Medium


5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Amanda! Love the butterflies! A perfect case of Julie's card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought that card of Julie's was the most creative use of the small images in the Baby Love set. Your card with the butterflies is utterly gorgeous, as is your way with stamps and paper. The butterflies are so soft and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, your butterflies are beautiful! I love the softness. Thanks for playing at Flourishes BBB. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous case Amanda and a beautiful result...love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!