Friday, November 18, 2011

Adore

Ok, I'm sure you've noticed my Color Throwdown linky on the side of my blog for the last year, right? I have been jonesing to play along for that long, but have had so much going on that I just couldn't squeeze another card in my busy schedule. But, last night I did it!! I made my first Color Throwdown inspired card!! Yeay me!


This colors they have this week are:



I somehow missed the "Gray" color suggestion and made Black one of the colors! Oopsie! See, don't try to remember the colors from memory like I did - LOL :)



I chose to let the paper do the "talking" and work for me and not use a stamp. I had an image all inked up and painted in, but I couldn't cover up that wonderful sentiment and all of that wonderful glitter. So I kept it and added some Kaiser Craft Red Pearls to re-enhance the red cardstock peeping out from behind the My Mind's Eye "Lost & Found 2" paper. You can't tell from the front angle but I popped the Adore and the red cardstock up off the black cardstock, to give it depth and dimension.


I love a good challenge and using a color challenge is my favorite kind of challenge, so I hope that I can somehow squeeze in the time and join in with Color Throwdown! I hope you join in with me and go check them out using the linky I have on the side of my blog. I hope to see you there, too :) 


6 comments:

  1. That's so beautiful, Amanda! I loved the glitter paper and the red pearls!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! Love the glittery wording and the bling. So glad you could finally join us for a challenge! I hope you play along again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Love all of the sparkle! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Amanda! Love the pretty patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an elegant card, Amanda! Love how you focused on the pretty sentiment and accented with gold glitter. Very classy. So glad you could finally join us! Hope to see you again soon :0]

    Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those seem like tough colors, but you pulled them together beautifully! Love the glitter and the scrolly design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!