Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Violets

It's that time of week again when I get to play along with Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenges :) 
This week Tammy is challenging us to use: Flags, Banners, or Pennants.
If you play along you could win a GC to Flourishes online shop! All of the details are HERE.


I knew exactly what I wanted. I had this idea rolling around for a bit but I was looking for the perfect stamp set to show off all of the swirls and flourishes.




I used Flourishes "Sweet Violets" stamp set for the image and sentiment. I colored everything in with Tombows and Distress Inks then cut it all out and popped in up on small popdots. After cutting out the flowers, I added some Glossy Accents to stiffen up my image and add some color depth. I sponged some "Scattered Straw" & "Dried Marigold" Distress Ink on my background. I created my base with the Heartfelt Creations/Spellbinders "Decorative Oval Window" die. I added some Bazzil pearls as my finishing touch.


 As you can see, I kept everything but the flowers in creams & yellows. In real life you actually barely see the yellow, but I love the little accent it gives. I love little details like that :)
Interestingly enough the violets are actually deeper then they appear, but every time I try to "show" that, it looks fake and Photoshopped.
I do my best to keep it natural and lit well in my homemade booth. I may need to just take it outside and hope for a more natural lighting out there :)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Amanda! You just WOW us every week with your creations for Timeless Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOTALLY GORGEOUS GF!!! The embossing and the coloring is fabulous! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, this looks fantastic! Your coloring is gorgeous, so is the shape and the soft yellow accents of your card.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!