Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Beauty Of Love


It's time for Flourishes Bring Back Beautiful Challenge. This is what I have been excited to jump back in to, and the timing couldn't be more perfect! This month's challenge is: The "Beauty Of Love". I made a card but hadn't blogged about it yet and I think that it might be perfect for this challenge :)


When I think of Love, I do think of Valentine's Day things and one of the most symbolic Valentine's items are roses. They just say that "I Love You" perfectly :)




I used Flourishes "Calendar Set #2" Roses that I colored in with Distress Inks and Tombow Markers, then I cut it out and popped it up on popdots. I used the following Spellbinders: Large Scalloped Square, Lacy Square, Square, and Labels #3 dies. I used My Mind's Eye papers, Pearls, and Zva Pearls. 


I popped the window up on a frame I made from the Square and Large Scalloped Square dies from Spellbinders, and sandwiched some clear transparency between them. Then I added the pearls from Zva, on top of the transparency, so that they are "floating" above the background MME paper for a 3D effect.


4 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful Amanda. Your roses are stunning. Thanks for playing at BBB. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Amanda! The frame and pearls are brilliant! I may have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. STUNNING!!!! It's always a joy to see your beautiful work!!! Thanks for playing the BBB Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your BBB win at Flourishes, Amanda! This is truly beautiful and worthy of a win. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!