Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Happy Post!!

 
This past weekend I was a part of a 5 family Garage Sale, selling things we no longer needed to free up some space in our house and raise some serious scrapping money ;)  While the 5 of us women got to talking and sorting through each others items, it was apparent that everyone would be going home with as much stuff as we/they had brought, to sell - LOL. I was lucky, and  made a couple serious scores. I picked up a brand spanking new Pampered Chef Mandolin, Pampered Chef Deep Dish Lasagna Pan, Pampered Chef Cheese (hand crank) Grater, and Pampered Chef Cookie Press, all for a total of - 4 of my handmade cards out of pocket!!!! YEAY!! If that's not a bargain, then I'm crazy ;)


On top of all that, I received the Entire Flourishes February Release sets that I won a couple of weeks ago, in the mailbox. I have been anxiously waiting for those sets like crazy! So after I received them, I wondered how many Flourishes stamps I own. So I counted them out and I have: 56!!! I love them all, and I have a hard time choosing which stamps to use every time I go to stamp something out :)
Here are the beautiful stamps I won, aren't they gorgeous?




So of course, I had to try out one of the new Flourishes sets, and I choose to use the "Calla Lilies".




I decided to go very simple and with a small contrast to make the image pop. I love how it turned out, although when I look at it at times, I can't help but think it still needs something, although I don't know what. I used my favorite medium, my trusty Tombow watercolor color markers. Then I added some Sakura glitter jelly roll pen over some spots to highlight it a little bit. Although I don't think you can see it in the picture, it really adds to the image in a way I can't explain.

That was my fun and exciting weekend. And despite my best efforts I only made $20 in scrappy spending money :) ....would anyone like a slice of homemade lasagna with a side of freshly grated cheese and a pressed Christmas cookie for dessert? LOL ;)


2 comments:

  1. Oooooh GREAT score...TWICE! DOUBLE score! Gorgeous stamps and a STUNNING card! Glad to see I'm not the ONLY Flourishes NUT with almost 60 Flourishes stamp sets, LOL!

    Naomi
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your big win at Flourishes! Those stamps look fun to play with. The calla lily card is so beautiful, and I love the subtle text background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!