Thursday, March 8, 2012

Christmas Caroling in March


I know, it sounds crazy, but I still have Christmas on the brain... in March. I love Christmas songs, and our youngest was just starting to learn them, when Christmas break ended. As with young children, times and dates have no meaning, so she continues to sing "Jingle Bells" and "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" all the time :) So when I saw this stamp set on Yardsellr, I knew I had to have it since we are  still in the Christmas mood, here :)




I used a new stamp from a company called Motivet, called "Children Caroling". I colored that in with my Tombows and cut out my image with my Spellbinders Label #8. I cut a border from Spellbinders Renaissance Hearts and placed flourishes from a Quickutz die on top, and pearls and a  flower from Prima. The tag is from a Martha Stewart punch and the "Joyeux Noel" is from Flourishes "Alleluia Angel" set. The paper is My Mind's Eye Lost & Found 2 Christmas collection, and my matting papers are Medium and Dark Birch Tones from Prismatics papers.

I love how the card turned out. I mean it all came together pretty quickly! And although I was worried about the details and the shading, this stamp made it all so easy! I had heard of Motivet but never saw any of their stamps. Now that I have one, I do want a few more. But isn't that the way it works... ;)
Now I just need to make a few more of these for Christmas ;)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Christmas card. Great coloring, never too early to start on your cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!