Friday, July 22, 2016

Zinnias

Good morning and happy Saturday everyone! I have an easy and fun card to show you, today.

I stamped out the Zinnia image onto Flourishes Classic White cardstock and colored it in with Copic markers, using a large variety.

Then after coloring the image in, I cut it out using Spellbinders A2 Borders and added some popdots under the diecut image so it will pop off the Color Made Easy Taupe cardstock background. After placing my image on the background I added a few white pearls to my card to highlight the diecut shape movements, and that completed my card.

I just got a new set from Flourishes called Zinnias and I got right to crafting with it! I have wanted this set for quite a while so imagine my delight when Flourishes brought it back for a limited time! When I was young, my mother would plant Zinnias near our back porch for some fall color and I just loved how cheery they made the garden look and feel. I just loved how those flowers gave such pop of color and the richness of their color depth! Don't let the amount of petals intimidate you at all, they are incredibly easy to color in and look fabulous when finished. Keep it simple and stick to three colors at first and let your creativity flow.

Don't forget that Flourishes is having a pretty large blow out sale, until July 31st!! This Zinnia set and many others are on sale at a deep discount so get them while they're available! They are being cleared out to make room for more inventory, so please don't delay in getting some nice floral and many other kinds of images!

Join me next Friday for another Flourishes card, which is one of my recent favorites, so don't miss it!

~ Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card, Amanda. Gorgeous image and your colouring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Kind Comments And Please Have A Wonderful Day!!